top of page
In our office, we are strictly adhering to the COVID-19 health and safety protocols. Please phone the office for a free consultation and to book an appointment. No drop-ins or walk-ins are permitted at this time.
Wright Denture Clinic (Head Office) 780-454-2222
Drayton Valley Denture Clinic 780-542-2626
Breton Denture Clinic 780-696-9696
Did You Know? – Common Denture Facts
Here are some common facts about dentures brought to you by Wright Denture Clinic (1997) Ltd.
- Painful sore spots and bone shrinkage can be caused by loose dentures because of the friction and pressure created on the gum tissues and bones.
- Don’t let your dentures dry out or else they can lose their shape. Remember to always cover your dentures with water or a denture cleaning solution when they are not in use. This will prevent them from drying out.
- Be sure to brush your dentures inside and outside daily using a soft, large nylon denture toothbrush. Do not use toothpastes on your dentures as these are too coarse and can scratch your dentures. Instead use a denture cream and then rinse your dentures in cold water.
- Inspect your dentures frequently for any issues like worn teeth. Thanks to the constant changing of your mouth, dentures require routine checkups to ensure they still fit properly. Visit Wright Denture Clinic (1997) Ltd regularly as part of your recommended checkup schedule.
- Discuss with your denturist what kinds of medications are safe for dentures as some medicines can affect fit and wearability. Do not attempt to adjust your dentures on your own. Only your denturist or dental professional are qualified to diagnose your oral health and make adjustments to your complete or partial dentures.
- Most dental insurance policies will pay for a new denture every five years.
- Taking care of your dentures is important because worn and stained dentures not only cause you to look older, but do not function properly.
For more information on dentures, please contact Wright Denture Clinic (1997) Ltd. We have three locations in Edmonton, Drayton Valley, and Breton. You can also visit our offices for a routine oral cancer screening. Ask about it the next time you book an appointment.
bottom of page